- Fedora 26 + Intel graphics any advice? Intel updater is not compatible yet and so many errors trying to build from source. 2 years ago
- Fedora 24 successfully running on Thinkpad X1 Carbon, so far amazing and no major issues 3 years ago
- Looking for a good guide to setup #atomio and #vscode on a 4K display, tweaked them some but not perfect 3 years ago
- 4gen x1 Carbon , Fedora or Ubuntu... Hard to decide for newbie in the Linux world 3 years ago
- Any good examples/walk thoughts on handling nullable properties in #golang 4 years ago
- Really like #golang but trying to switch from OOP is driving me insane. Keep hitting duplicate code and organizations issues. 4 years ago
Category Archives: Windows
Working on my Windows 8 HTML/JS application I got the bright idea over the weekend to upgrade to Windows 8 RTM so I could take advantage of Visual Studio 2012 RTM. Not much of a surprise that there was one … Continue reading
This is an older but goodie that Shawn Brink (@Shawn_Brink_MVP) posted for Windows 7. If you click the link above you can download the registry files or follow these steps to create and execute the .reg files.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 moving the user folders was pretty easy. You would click Start, select your name and you would be at your personal folder location. Without the start button, Windows 8 has an extra step after that … Continue reading
With Windows 8 we are given a new choice on the type of account to create.. Microsoft Account. In the past consumers were only offered a local account. With a Microsoft Account (A.K.A. Windows Live ID) the end users will … Continue reading
Hot corners is nothing new, although it is something that we need to get use to with the decision to remove the start menu button from Windows 8. OSX and Linux have had hot corners for years, Windows users could … Continue reading
To access the remote desktop settings we must first open up the control panel. In windows 8 there are a few ways to accomplish this task. For this example we will utilize the new hot corners.
Before I get hate mail. Let me start off with that I am a developer, and while Metro is cool and great for your average mom and pop that opens maybe an average of 5 different applications in a week, … Continue reading
Update Sept 22, 2011 — Friend just informed me that this also fixed an issue with Live Mail. I regularly get an error when I take my notebook from home to work. For some reason Live Mesh chokes on network … Continue reading