For those that know me, I have been touting TFSPreview since it was an invite only service. One of the big issues most people had with it was that the pricing schema was speculated but nothing was official. The worry was that they would put up a bunch of projects only to have them become limited or public. Well not to fear it has become official. Here are the details.
- The old *AccountName*.tfspreview.com will work for the time being (no plan announced from Microsoft to end this domain) however it was encouraged to switch to the new *AccountName*.visualstudio.com domain name.
So far the Free plan is all that was announced (the rest of the plans will be announced in early 2013). Here is what you get with the free plan:
- Free for up to 5 years (no CAL change till the 6th user)
- Unlimited number of projects (this is huge when most online solutions limit you), these are also private projects.
- Version control (same we have all loved from TFS)
- Code Review
- Work item tracking – these include User Stored, Task, and Bug items.
- Agile Planning tools – As seen in TFS 2012
- Feedback management
- Build (this is still in preview mode)
For more information see here