I am a little slow with the announcement but I have released an HTML/JS Windows 8 application. This application is designed to help the Developer and IT Pro community find events in their area. Currently it aggregates data from Community Megaphone, I am in talks with other groups to work out adding additional sites to be mashed up onto a Mapping API (Bing maps to be specific).
You can view it in the store here.
I am also going to be open sourcing the code soon, so keep an eye on github.
Here is an outline of what is to come.
- Settings: Ability to find events within a certain time frame. (example see all events 30 days out)
- Save these settings in the remote settings
- App bar
- Go to your location
- Go to your home location (setting zip code set and saved in remote settings)
- Share events with friends and calendar apps
- Cache and offline event storage (might get pushed pending on Bing Maps offline capabilities)
- Add additional aggregate sites
- Navigation and Geolocation
- Find driving path between your location and an event
- Abilities to mark an event as watched
- Live tile update for events being watched
Anything else you would like to see added for now leave a comment. I might switch to user voice later.