Have an a program that requires .Net 3.5 in order to run on Windows 8. Frustrated because you downloaded it from the internet and it gives you the error that a newer version is already installed. No worries, the folks that Microsoft have that worked out for you.
There are two says to enable .Net 3.5 on Windows 8.
Option 1: Manually
- From the state screen do a search for programs (in settings)
- Select Programs and Features
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off
- Select .NET Framework 3.5
- You should be good to install
Option 2: Automatically (probably has given you this popup already if you attempted to install)
- Install an application at requires .NET 3.5
- Click Download and install this feature in the popup
- You should be good