If you click the link above you can download the registry files or follow these steps to create and execute the .reg files.
To Add “Run As Asministrator”
- Open up notepad
- Copy the following code in it.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\Shell\runas] "HasLUAShield"="" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\Command] @=hex(2):22,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,\ 00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,6d,00,\ 73,00,69,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,63,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,22,00,20,00,2f,\ 00,69,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,00,22,00,20,00,25,00,2a,00,00,00
- Save the file with the .reg extension
- right click the newly created file and select merge (or just double click on it).
- Click Yes to the UAC prompt
- You are done and should not have ‘Run as Administrator’ for the context menu for MSI files.
To Remove “Run As Asministrator”
- Run the same steps as above except use this code.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\Shell\runas]