To access the remote desktop settings we must first open up the control panel. In windows 8 there are a few ways to accomplish this task. For this example we will utilize the new hot corners.
- Move the mouse to the bottom left till the hot corner(desktop or start) lights up.
- Right click to open the “Administrative options menu”
- Select Control Panel
- In the search box look for “Remote”
- Select the option “Select users who can use remote desktop”
- In the remote desktop area, select to Allow “remote connections to this computer”
- Click Apply
- Click OK
Now you should be able to go to another machine and RDP into it.
Note: if the Windows 8 machine you are attempting to remove into has a user account setup using Microsoft Accounts (Windows Live ID) you will need to use MicrosoftAccount\liveIdName .