Because things never work out smoothly. After deploying my samples reports I went to http://127.0.0.1/Reports to view it and boom was hit with another permission error:
User 'Win7VM\chadit' does not have required permissions. Verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and Windows User Account Control (UAC) restrictions have been addressed.
This appears to be a problem with the reporting server and local administrators.
For a quick fix, run the browser ‘As an administrator’.
For a more permanent fix follow this article posted on the Microsoft MSDN.
Here are the steps I used for SQL Report manager 2008 R2 and 2012
- Open the browser as admin
- From the home screen go to ‘Folder Settings’
- Click ‘New Role Assignment’
- Add in the user name of the local admin account (the one logged in)
- Select ‘Content Manager’
- Click OK
Things should be good after this.