So today while waiting for things for build and test to run I was playing around with installing Dynamics CRM 2011 and was greeted with an interesting error.
I did not realize how picky this installation was. This error was caused because this was a replicated VM with a name of “WIN-2KA4G8UD6D” and before I added it to the domain I wanted a more appropriate name “DEVXRM”. Luckily this is a pretty easy fix and can be accomplished by doing the following:
- select @@SERVERNAME (this will get current name in case you did not write it down)
- SP_DROPSERVER ‘WIN-2KA4G8UD6D’
- SP_ADDSERVER’DEVXRM’, LOCAL
- Restart SQL Server and continue with the installation