Note: This so far is working on any targeted project that Visual Studio 11 except .NET 4.5. If something specific is not working on say .net 4 or 3.5 please let me know and I will update this post.
Just to highlight the note this only works so far with non .NET 4.5 applications.
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview
- Windows 8 loaded into VMware workstation 8.0.2 build 591240
- Visual Studio 11 Premium Beta
- PostSharp 184.108.40.206
- PostSharp-Aspects 220.127.116.11
After you install Windows 8 and Visual Studio 11 you need to enable the .NET Framework 3.5.1. You do this by doing the following:
- Go to Settings –> Control Panel –> Programs –> Programs and Features –> Click Turn windows Features on or off
- Select .NET Framework 3.5.1 and click OK
- After the downloading of the components are complete you will need to reboot win8.
- After that any .NET 4/3.5 application should compile and add the Aspects correctly to your project.