- Fedora 26 + Intel graphics any advice? Intel updater is not compatible yet and so many errors trying to build from source. 2 years ago
- Fedora 24 successfully running on Thinkpad X1 Carbon, so far amazing and no major issues 3 years ago
- Looking for a good guide to setup #atomio and #vscode on a 4K display, tweaked them some but not perfect 3 years ago
- 4gen x1 Carbon , Fedora or Ubuntu... Hard to decide for newbie in the Linux world 3 years ago
- Any good examples/walk thoughts on handling nullable properties in #golang 3 years ago
- Really like #golang but trying to switch from OOP is driving me insane. Keep hitting duplicate code and organizations issues. 4 years ago
Monthly Archives: March 2012
SWFL .NET Developer User Group Presentation: Entity Framework Code First, Asp.Net Web Api, and HTML/jQuery
For the month of March I was the presenter at the SWFL .NET Developer User group. I am either getting better at this stuff or they are just really loving to be punished. A big shout out and thanks to … Continue reading
ASP.NET Web API is the new product born from WCF for jQuery. Web API allows services to be created over HTTP rather then utilizing a service contract (SOAP or WS). Web API creates an avenue for developers to expose data … Continue reading
Before Entity Framework Code First Migration was introduced in version 4.3. Developers had a few options if the domain model was different from the database schema. CreateDatabaseIfNotExists : Pretty self explanatory, if on application start Entity Framework cannot find the … Continue reading
Now that the existing database has been reversed engineered and the domain classes are set, it is time to wire up those domain classes to the main project. Add the DataAccess project to the ChlodnyWebApi project.
To continue on with the series of creating an application that utilizes ASP.NET Web API. This demo application utilizes the Chinook database. In order to use Entity Framework code first with the lease amount of hassle the application will use … Continue reading
Purpose: Create a application that shows off the awesome sauce of Entity Framework Code Frist, Entity Framework Migration, MVC4 WebApi, and HTML5 + other clients This series is to show off a step by step example application that will be … Continue reading
By default Entity Framework will call the dbo user/schema when attempting to communicate with the database. Today I received an exception because the tables I was calling was not [dbo].[Customer] but [Sales].[Customer].
To continue on from Part 2. For this article we will talk about one of the aspects I utilize the most OnExceptionAspect Note: This may be the last generic post, I am working on a new blog series will show … Continue reading
If you saw my last Dynamics CRM 2011 Installation: "The instance name must be the same as computer name." I am learning the valuable lesson of when you replicate a VM sys-prep image be sure to change the computer name … Continue reading
So today while waiting for things for build and test to run I was playing around with installing Dynamics CRM 2011 and was greeted with an interesting error.